Tuesday, July 8, 2008

So...I guess it was bound to happen

Last Sunday after church Eilee was so excited to see some other kids playing so she kept trying to get their attention. Since most everyone in her little world right now just loves to get her hugs, she decided that she would give one to the new little girl. Just as she was reaching out her arms to hug, the little girl (who must have had a reason for being cautious about arms coming at her) decided to give Eilee a good shove straight to the ground. Eilee cried so hard that I could tell it was not just about the fall. Her feelings were really hurt. :( I think my heart hurt almost as much. It was so hard to see her little wounded heart. I just wanted to make it all better. All ended well, though, when the little girl decided to give Eilee a hug. It got me thinking that it must really hurt God when we "shove" his kids to the ground. I think I am learning more about life from this little one year old than I ever could have imagined.

No comments: