Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Coldplay At Last



We have been huge Coldplay fans, but have never been able to go to a show before. So, in April, I started searching for tickets to their summer tour and found that they weren't going to be in LA. I was really bummed because I had wanted to give Kristoffer tickets for Father's Day. Then, on Father's day weekend, we found out that they added LA tour dates, but we were too late to buy tickets. :(.....Fast forward to yesterday (July 15)......We decided to be spontaneous and search for tickets for yesterday's show on craigslist. Everything was either way too expensive or gone. Then, at 5:15 we got a call from a guy in Anaheim who had two tickets for a great price in an awesome section. Kristoffer picked them up, I called my mom who babysat, and we were off to LA by 7:00. It was awesome! We couldn't believe it. The show was so perfect! We loved the way they kept moving to different stages throughout the Forum. They really engaged with the audience and made it such a fun experience. It is amazing to be in a room with thousands of people (sold out audience) and hear everyone singing the same lyrics. I think the reason I love that so much is that it reminds me of what it will be like to be singing in heaven (different lyrics, but similar connection).

1 comment:

juliana said...

I felt the same way - I totally got goosebumps when everyone stood up singing near the beginning. It reminded me of our worship experience at Urbana which was the closest thing to heaven I think I've ever been a part of. Awesome show - looks like we were in totally different sections but it fun to be there "with you!"