Saturday, June 7, 2008

Marathon Man!

Last Sunday, Kristoffer ran his first marathon down at the Rock N Roll Marathon in San Diego! He has been training since January and has found that he loves to run. He did such a great job staying dedicated and determined and he's not finished yet! The very next day he came home from work with plans for the next one. By Friday, he had convinced me to buy a good pair of running shoes (I have not run since Cross Country in High School--13 years ago!). Today we hit the streets with Eilee in the jogger for our first run with our friends Scott and Alyssa (who also ran the marathon). I was kind of nervous to run with these completely accomplished runners, but I had a lot of fun. They all planned a 6 miler so I did about 3 instead. I was really excited to be able to run my 3 miles since it had been a long time. My new shoes made such a difference--I totally recommend The Running Lab in Old Towne Orange. They did a very thorough assessment of my running movements to help me find the right shoe.
It was so beautiful to be out in the morning on such an amazing day. So...if anyone is interested, it looks like we are going to continue trying to do a group run on Saturdays.

2 comments:

jenni said...

erin that is so great. i have also taken up running. i have run 2 half marathons and will be doing another one in august. i would love to do a saturday run with you guys. it is always better with friends :)

Stay-at-home mom said...

That would be awesome, Jenni! I just saw your comment. We went to Irvine Park again today...I'll talk to Kristoffer about what he might have planned next week.