Monday, March 3, 2008

One year...already!


I know everyone says that kids grow up so quickly, but I never knew that it would feel like I just turned around and a year had already passed. I am so amazed at the blessing of our little Eilee. She is truly a light to the world (as her name says). Everywhere we go she reaches out her hand and enthusiastically says "HI!" I have learned so much from her about the way the Lord sees people. The homeless woman at the grocery store, the sales clerk at Target, the little boy walking into the library, the man with the toothless smile...they all get a "Hi" from Eilee. The world is becoming such a smaller place as the people I pass change from being just shadows on the sidelines to someone's grandmothers, sons, cousins, aunts, and friends each with a story uniquely their own.

No comments: